Passion for Skiing and Snowboarding. Shop HERE
Do you ever feel like there is not enough time in the day to go skiing? That it is difficult to make it to the resorts before 4pm? Lucky for you, many resorts these days offer night skiing. Here in Utah, we love heading up to some of the local resorts every once in a while after a work day to enjoy skiing after dark. Everyone is always having a good time and it is like a big party up on the slopes! A lot of people get nervous about night skiing because it is colder and the visibility isn't as good, but it is totally worth it, for so many reasons!
Here are five reasons why we think night skiing is awesome:
1. You can work a 9 to 5 job and still go skiing every day of the week! One of the biggest bummers about working a grown-up 9 to 5 job is the fact that it cuts into your play time! Luckily, night skiing allows people to get up to the mountains to play without having to quit their jobs!
2. You will get a beautiful view of the sun setting below the mountains. When you go skiing during the day, you are usually home before you can see the sunset from the slopes. And that is something everyone should witness, because there is nothing quite like it!
3. You will save money! Night skiing tickets don't cost nearly as much as day tickets.
4. You will avoid the crowds. It is rare to wait in a line when you are night skiing. The slopes are more open and there is plenty of room to play!
5. There is just something magical about skiing under the lights. The whole mountain glows and it is a beautiful thing.
So there you have it. Head to the slopes to try it out for yourself! Just make sure to layer up, bring hand warmers, and wear your clear/low light goggle lenses. You are sure to have a great time!