The UtahSkis Olympic Digest: Skiing and Snowboarding Events
The winter Olympics brings dreams of gold, the spray of fresh powder, and the make or breaking of lifetime goals.READ MORE
- EPF: Better and 28% wider. The screw pattern is 10 mm wider than before, providing unbelievable power transmission ? how many people are skiing on wider skis than 5 years ago? EPF Extended Power Frame is designed for skis 89mm and wider.
- AFD Gliding Plate: All Marker bindings are equipped with a moveable AFD (anti friction device), allowing a precise release, unhindered by dirt, snow and ice buildup. The type of AFD is matched to the skier type, ensuring perfect functionality ? from racing to junior bindings and even ski touring.
- Triple Pivot Elite Toe: With a horizontally oriented spring, the Triple Pivot Elite Toe provides the highest energy absorption to reduce the risk of early release. The secure purchase on the boot lug optimizes power transmission and allows for durable, high energy use. The performance to weight ratio of the Triple Pivot toe is truly unmatched in the industry.
- Inter Pivot Heel: This industry-leading construction delivers superior holding power for all types of freeskiing. Its design focuses power in the direction of the boot sole, increasing elasticity. The overall design focuses on optimum power transmission.
- 0/7/13 Climbing Aid: The titanium climbing aid offers three positions ? flat, 7? and 13? which can easily be accessed with the ski pole.
- Power Width Design: The original Marker breakthrough for wider freeskiing skis, based on a 76mm platform. Wider connection brackets create better power transmission for all Marker Royal Family and Tour bindings.
- Backcountry Technology: The integrated climbing lever features a safe, secure transition from ride to hike. The hiking aid offers flat, 7? and 13? positions. In ski mode, the BCT lever is protected from unwanted releases.
- Magnesium Parts: Magnesium?s light weight and high strength make it perfect for our high-end products ? the skier well equipped for a faster run and the most radical lines!
- Climbing Aid: The climbing aid offers three positions ? flat, 7? and 13? which can easily be accessed with the ski pole.
- Hike Mechanism: Marker introduced the concept of passive safety, and the Duke Continues in that tradition. With the lever secured under the boot, you can be sure your binding cannot switch back into touring mode ? that?s the safest way to ski the big stuff! In addition, when the skier goes into touring mode, the entire interface moves back 4cm for better balance while climbing and easier kick turns.
- DIN range: 6-16
- Recommended Skiers Weight: 130+ lbs
- Height w/o ski: 36 mm
- Brake Width: 110 mm (90 and 130 available)
- Toe System: Triple Pivot Elite
- Gliding AFD: Stainless Steel, Height Adjustable
- Step-in Heel: Inter-Pivot
- EPS system: Dual-screw Brake Pad