Managing Summer Slope Separation Anxiety
You’ve sat pining for hours staring down the door of your closed gear closet. You can count the areas of flaking paint and scratches on the door knob.READ MORE
Looking for a backcountry, powder rocker, and light woodcore ski? Buy these Atomic Bent Chetler Mens Skis 2016-17. The one and only – constantly expanding what’s possible in powder. Backland FR is our new range of freeride powder chargers and the successors to our massively popular Automatic series – created with freeride pros Sage Cattabriga-Alosa and Dana Flahr. The range includes a slimmer 102, versatile 109 and full-fat 117 option. The 109 and 117 also feature revolutionary HRZN Tech in the tip for more surface area and even better floatation. With their great performance-to-weight ratio, these skis are phenomenal hybrids: perfect for powder skiing and Freeride Touring depending on what bindings you mount – and still stable on harder snow. With a Carbon Backbone and a Light Woodcore we’ve also cut their weight by 10% to increase agility even more.
- Sizes: 178, 185, 192 cm
- Radius: 19 m / 185 cm
- Waist Width: 120 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg per Ski / 185 cm
- Binding options: Tracker 16 MNC L, STH 16 WTR, Warden 13 MNC DT
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary across-the-ski (horizontal) rocker to add 10% more surface area in tip. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight – making it the best design yet for powder.
- Light Woodcore: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Carbon Backbone: The Backland FR is constructed around a lightweight Poplar woodcore. This optimizes the ski’s weight without sacrificing any shock absorption or stability.
- Powder Rocker: (30/40/30) Tip and tail rocker with camber underfoot creates a versatile platform that excels in powder, crud and everything in between.
Need more information? We're ready to help you learn more about this product! Contact us via chat, email, or phone.